Removing the annoying background noise from an audio recording is not easy without the proper equipment and ways of doing it. This task, however, is the most common request that you can receive from video producers. If you are working in the video industry or someone who is just trying to do some DIY video recording, learning how to remove background noise from audio recording is what we are going to teach you in this article. It’s basic, but it is important.
Eradicating Audio Background Noise
Recording high-quality audio does not need the services of experts. Try to correct that mentality. That might hinder you from achieving the next level music or video that you are creating. Also, it will help you easily understand the process of how to remove background noise from audio recording.
Mixing and recording sound effects or several other design elements for the video must be clean. Having these annoying background noise can affect the overall quality of the video or music piece you are trying to make.
Get Rid of Background Noise in Audio with Audacity
In this tutorial, we will be using Audacity. Although there is a lot of music and sound editing software, Audacity is for free. It is obviously the best platform to try. So here’s how:
- Select an audio file to clean.
- Check and find the unwanted noise that you want to remove.
- In the blank area, select that background noise.
- Click the ‘Effect’ tab located at the top part of the page.
- Scroll down to find the ‘Noise Reduction’ tab. Click.
- A pop-out box will appear, click ‘Get Noise Profile’ tab.
- Select the whole audio file. Hit Ctrl-A.
- After selecting all the audio, click the ‘Effect’ tab again.
- Click the ‘Noise Reduction’ tab. It will remove the unwanted noise in the degree that you have chosen.
- Play your audio back. Listen, it’s already clean.
It’s Never Impossible to Remove that Background Noise
Do you find it easy to learn the process on how to remove background noise from an audio recording? The secret of making great audio recordings isn’t a secret after all. But sometimes, this task can be tedious. How? There are many sound and music editing software available on the internet. Before choosing one to use, make sure to learn about it. You don’t want to end up wasting your time recoding but still getting a lot of background noise!
If you want the best audio recording, always remember that there is going to have some imperfections. But all these can be polished out. The good news is it is simple to fix these issues, in most cases, using free software.
If you have other best practices when recording outdoors and when dealing with noisy audio files, apply them. By doing that, mastering how to remove background noise from audio recording is not going to eat up all of your time. Quality audio is on your way now. Learn more about audio recordings here!