How To Record Music On Computer
There are many things today that you can do easily and instantly, just like if you want to record music on your computer. Separate microphone and recorder are no longer needed to record a song. Let us give you the options on how to record music on computer.
Computer Audio Recording - What Are Your Options
You can record the sound coming from your computer in several different ways. Here are some of the options to let you record conveniently on your computer.
Enabling The Stereo Mix
Here is how to enable stereo mix in your computer.
- Locate the Volume icon in your computer and then right-click on it to select Open Volume Mixer.
- Proceed to the Recording tab of the System Sounds window.
- Right-click on a blank area. Check "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" and then you should see the "Stereo Mix" option.
- Locate the "Stereo Mix" and then right-click on it and choose "Enable" to use it.
Enabling "Stereo Mix" will let you open your preferred recording program instead of your microphone before you record.
Recording Using Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is an Adobe Systems digital audio workstation that can let you record music from your computer. Here's how.
- Open the Adobe Audition.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N together to create a new audio file, and name it.
- Choose the Record button found at the bottom of the Editor panel to start recording.
- Audio should be capture from the microphone or instrument input.
- Click on the stop button found on the same panel as the record button to stop recording.
- Press Ctrl+S together to save what you recorded.
Note: Make sure that "Stereo Mix" is also enabled when using this program.
Recording With Audacity's WASAPI Loopback
Audacity has a feature that authorizes you to record the audio coming out of your computer in case you do not have Stereo Mix. It makes use of Microsoft's Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI).
- Open Audacity and then choose the "Windows WASAPI" audio host
- Select a suitable loopback device, just like "Speakers" or "Headphones."
- Choose the Record button for you to begin recording the audio.
- Select the Stop button after recording. Trim and edit the sound file in Audacity once done.
Record Using An Audio Cable
Here is how to record music on your computer with the use of an audio cable.
- Get an audio cable with a male 3.5mm connector.
- Join one end into the headphone jack on your computer and the other end into the microphone jack.
- You will no longer hear the sound from the computer. Use any audio-recording program to record the microphone input.
- You can get a splitter to hear the sound. Then output it to your headphones or speakers while you direct it back into your computer.
Now you know how to record music on computer. But remember that copyright laws prevent you from distributing whatever music recordings you make, so don't use these methods for piracy!