FaceTime has done the world a favor in terms of modern communication. And there are times when we want to turn these calls into memories, that’s why we will teach you how to record facetime with audio on your phone or computer.
Because of communication applications like FaceTime, we can connect with people, especially our loved ones, and that includes business and entertainment from different parts of the world. You can also use emojis during FaceTime to add to your enjoyment while talking to your loved ones.
How To Record FaceTime With Audio
There’s a reason why people are so keen on wanting to know how to record FaceTime with audio. Apple disables this feature by default to protect privacy, among other reasons, but there is a workaround. You’ll need to bump up the volume on your phone since it merely records sounds from your phone’s microphone.
So, can you record facetime audio? Yes, you can. We will show you some proven methods for the iPhone and the Mac.
Recording FaceTime with Audio on iPhone
- Start the FaceTime call.
- Bring up the control center by swiping your iPhone from below.
Note: the control center will show you different shortcuts for settings like WiFi, music, and airplane mode. If you wish to change these shortcuts, you can customize them from the option ‘customize controls.’
- Select the ‘Screen Recording’ option, and after the three-second countdown, your call will be recorded.
- A recording status in red will appear on the upper left of your screen for easy access. After you finish recording, touch the status bar and select the stop button in the dialog box.
- Another way to do this is to stop the recording from the screen recorder by bringing up the control center.
- Access the recorded files in your gallery or photos application.
The whole process does not include audio yet. If you want to know how to record FaceTime with audio in your iPhone:
- In step 3, hold the ‘screen recording’ option in your control center until you see the option to turn on the microphone. It will then capture audio from your microphone, which requires you to adjust volume settings for better sound when communicating with others. But when you’re muted, mute alerts let you know you’re talking.
Recording FaceTime With Audio On Mac
In a Mac, one of the options is to use the QuickTime player. You could think about following these steps to record facetime with audio on your Mac:
- Set up your QuickTime to record videos on your Mac.
- Open QuickTime and select ‘File.’
- Click on ‘New Screen Recording’ and wait for a window to pop up.
- Click on the drop-down arrow located next to the record button.
- Choose the device you are using under the list of devices in microphone.
Note: The options section also allows you to save the file in your chosen location.
- Launch the FaceTime app.
- Click on the red button in QuickTime to record.
- Click on the FaceTime window to record the call and click your screen if you decide to record the entire screen.
- Start your call, and you’re good to go!
And this feature is free!
With the way things are going, more advancements will be added to our communication apps in the near future. And it doesn’t stop there. Wanting to know how to record facetime with audio is an answer to a long-known desire to preserve and create memories using modern platforms. Keep your FaceTime memories to enjoy later or to refer to the material at a later time. Learn more recording tips here!