Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder. It is becoming more popular today because of its compatibility with a lot of operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and GNU/Linux. And the best thing about Audacity, you can use it for free. If you want to learn how to record desktop audio with audacity, dig in for more knowledge. Read until the end.
Sound Technology Innovation
Before, recording is merely known as a method to produce and reproduce audio, sound, or music. But today, not anymore. The recording industry has greatly progressed and advanced. It’s one of the many industries that went through a huge innovation. And because of the rampant use of social media platforms, more and more people sought ways to learn how to do their own recording for a myriad of purposes.
If you are one of those individuals who are eager to learn self-recording, learning how to record desktop audio with Audacity is what we are going to teach you.
Audacity: An Amazing Audio Recording Tool
Like what we have mentioned earlier, Audacity is a free open source, cross-platform audio software. It has greater features that you can avail. Whatever operating system you are using, you can download Audacity and try it without the need to purchase the software. The following are the best features of Audacity:
- Live audio recording
- Cut, copy, splice, or mix sounds together
- Writing your own plug-in effects
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3, Ogg Vorbis sound files
- Amazing unique effects that allow changing the speed or pitch of a recording
- Various MP3 formats supported using optional libraries
- Computer playback recording
- Sound file editing
Self Tutorial on How to Record Desktop Sound with Audacity
- Open the Audacity software.
- Right-click on the sound icon to open the recording device.
- On the recording tab, right-click on an empty space.
- Select ‘show disable devices’ and click the ‘stereo mix’ tab.
- Right-click on ‘stereo mix’ to enable it.
- Go to properties. Navigate on the listing tab.
- Uncheck ‘listen to this device’ tab.
- Click ‘Ok’ tabs you’ll see and go back to Audacity.
- Open up your preferences, ctrl +P.
- Once a new window pops out, navigate on the device section.
- Select Stereomix tab, click ‘Ok.’
- Now, the program should record everything that your PC is going to output.
Learning how to record desktop audio with audacity is easy with the given steps. There’s other audio recording software available on the Internet that you can try anytime. Doing thorough research will help you save time.
Developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), Audacity is a cool audio recording software that you must try. More and more companies and groups are becoming interested in using Audacity! Whether you are a professional sound artist or a greenhand, that’s never a problem. With proper research, you can learn how to record desktop audio with audacity. Know more about recording here!