Podcasts have been increasingly popular these days. It has been a great source of news and entertainment. If you are one of those who’d like to start your channel, it’s essential to know how to record audio for podcast. Many are inclined to record a podcast to help share information, especially with the current global health situation.
Ways To Record A Podcast
There are different ways on how to record audio for podcast. Here are some of them.
- Use an audio software - If you do a solo show, this is one of the easiest ways to record your podcast. You’ll only be needing a USB mic and an editing program that works for you. It’s easy to set up as you’ll have to plug in your microphone, select the audio preference, and start recording. Pretty straightforward, right? But if you record this way, keep in mind the location. If you will record in a home studio, ensure that your recording area is audio-friendly. This doesn’t mean you’ll need to spend a lot to make this happen. You can make use of thick curtains or couch curtains you have at home.
- Use Skype - It’s common for those who do podcasts to invite guests or co-hosts for their show. Often, they use skype for the other person to join virtually. In this method, you will need a computer and a microphone. But this time, you’ll record via Skype instead of audio editing software.
Before, you had to download extra programs to do this, but Skype’s recent version, it has added a recording option. Take note, though, that you can only record Skype to Skype calls with this feature and not Skype to phone calls. This method is not always advisable because of the lower audio quality of the person on the other end.
- Use Zencastr Or Ringr – Both Zencastr and Ringr lets you add guests to join your session. Each of the person’s audio is recorded locally and saved so you can use it later. This would mean that you get to have two high-quality files that can put together and make it sound like you are in the same location.
The only con in this method is there’s no video, so can’t see each other. It’s highly suggested that you run Skype simultaneously, but make sure to mute the mic. Also, one thing to consider is to record in a place with a strong internet connection to prevent sound dropout between you and your guest, as this can impact the rhythm of conversation.
- Use a portable recording device - Use this method when you have to record with someone in person. The portable device makes it convenient for you to carry it around. Don’t forget to bring extra batteries.
- Use the Anchor App – Anchor is a free platform to create podcasts. It will allow you to record and edit your audio, then arrange it into podcast episodes, and later on, publish your podcasts to listening platforms.