How To Record A Music Video? – Exciting DIY Tips
Does anyone disagree that music videos reign paramount in the pop world today? No one! Yup! Because with the advent of social media and video streaming platforms, music videos have phenomenally swept across the universe. So aside from listening to music, have you dreamt of creating your own music video? Hey! With today's technology advancement, that is never impossible. Learn how to record a music video to reach that dream. Here's how…
Bring out the Music Artist in You
Music has always been an important part of people's lives. Not many may realize, but music brings out emotion, gives joy, and helps release negative thoughts. It's not just for your ears, but as well as for your body, mind, and soul. Now, are you someone who has always been aspiring to become a music artist? However, you get discouraged whenever you think of how hard it is to achieve that dream. At this point, you could be wrong.
You don't need tons of money to pay video production agencies just to create a music video for you. If you have the voice and talent, you can be the artist that you've always wanted to be. All you need is to learn how to record a music video. With all these viral videos you've watched in different video viewing and video sharing platforms, you too can create your own music video. Who knows? Your first video could instantly become a hit.
How to Record a Music Video at Home
Prepare your equipment – Since you already have the talent, you now need the equipment. Here are some of the most basic equipment that you will need:
- Camera – It can be any entry-level camera, but a camera with an interchangeable lens would be best. A great example is the DSLR camera.
- Lenses – Get options for your camera lens. Don't worry if you don't have money to buy expenses lenses. A kit lens will work, and hopefully, it has a wide range of 18-135. These specs can already give you wide shots and close-ups.
- Lights – This is much needed especially when shooting indoors or at nighttime. If you don't have access to lights, still no worries. Just shoot your video during the day.
- Playback – Don't be overwhelmed right away. You can get your own playback by simply having a Bluetooth speaker. It's crucial that you, as the artist, will hear the song while shooting the video. Without anything being heard from the background, that will not work.
The Process: How to Record a Music Video
- Getting ready – Be sure you are well prepared before the camera starts rolling. Check all the equipment needed. Arrange and organize everything.
- Start the recording – Rehearse before shooting the final video. You can do as many recording trials. The important thing is you end up with a polished video.
- Editing – After the video shoot, it's time for you to sit down in front of your computer and start editing. There is a lot of free video editing software available online.
Cultivate the Artist in You
If you have always dreamt of becoming a music artist, it's never too late to start reaching that dream. Now that you already know how to record a music video, there's no stepping back. Move forward by following the tips we gave you. You're on the right track. Good luck!