Online gamers and streamers usually play music and sound through the mic to communicate with their fellows. It is also useful to learn how to play audio through mic if you wish to share tunes with your colleagues through Skype and similar platforms.
We’ll tell you all about how to do it as you read along.
Easy Ways To Play Music Through Your Microphone
There are many options on how to play sounds through mic. Here, you will learn the top three no-stress ways. You’ll be able to set-up your mic for your exciting games in no time.
Use A Virtual Microphone
This method will help you play audio through mic using a virtual microphone. It will also allow you to speak while playing music at the same time. However, your voice will only be audible to others on the receiving end. You will not hear your own voice.
For this method, you will need a virtual cable and a soundboard.
The virtual cable serves as an audio cable but you have to configure its input and output within your computer. The soundboard, on the other hand, allows you to configure the audio transmitted to your mic.
Download these items online for free. Once your download is complete, follow these steps for your computer to identify the software as an actual mic:
- Go to ‘Windows Recorder Setting’.
- From the Recording Tab, click ‘Show Disabled Device’. Enable your virtual cable output.
- You may also go to Settings and set virtual audio cable as default audio output.
- Go to Soundboard Settings, then set virtual cable as its input. With this configuration, you can control the audio you want to play in it.
If you want to play music and speak through your microphone and hear yourself use the next method.
Use the Voice Meeter Software
This method is somewhat similar to the one we discussed above. You will need the Voice Meeter software and a soundboard. Download the Voice Meeter software for free on their official website. This software will serve as your audio input and output on your computer.
For the soundboard, you may download one that you prefer online. Once you’ve downloaded it, set-up the Voice Meeter as your audio input for it to serve as your microphone.
To configure Voice Meeter as your default voice input:
- Open any application where you want to play audio through mic (gaming app, recorder, video conferencing app, etc.).
- Open settings of that app. Then set Voice Meeter as audio application.
Once you’re done, you can select any music or audio clip you want to play through your mic. You can do this while speaking on the mic and you can hear yourself too.