How To Make Audio Louder: Easy Tips
After a series of recording mishaps, you have finally produced an excellent rendition of your favorite song. But playing back, you realize that you’ve recorded it on low volume. No matter how you increase the volume dial, it just doesn’t work.
Should you start from scratch? No!
We’ll teach you the easy way how to make audio louder.
Check Your File
If you have produced your audio file using a software, check out its features. Your software may have a tool that can increase your file’s volume.
However, if the audio file you need to amplify is from another source, you can use the tools that we’re going to share in this article. These tools would also work for files that are recorded through mobile phones and similar devices without editing features.
Free Desktop Tool
Good news, you don’t need to spend a single dollar on improving your audio. There are several audio-editing software which are free. You can easily download these on your computer. All you need is a stable Internet service to get the software online. Once you’ve downloaded one, you can use it for all your recording and editing jobs.
Free software come with online guides that will help you learn how to make sound louder.
Audacity is a popular choice for audio editing and recording software. It’s easy to use, even for beginners. There are many things that you can do with this desktop tool. Here, we will focus on how to make audio louder.
If you don’t have Audacity on your computer yet, you can type ‘Audacity Free Download’ on your web search bar. Follow the instructions for download. Once you have successfully installed Audacity, open it to start editing.
Follow these steps on how to make audio louder with Audacity:
- Open your audio file in Audacity. Click ‘File’ button at the left topmost part of the app window. Then click ‘Open’. Browse and choose the audio file you wish to edit.
- The file would appear like an image of blue sound waves on your app window. You can playback your audio file to check which part needs an increased volume. You may also decide to amplify the whole file.
- Highlight the whole file or select a portion by clicking and dragging your mouse over the blue portion.
- Click the ‘Effect’ button on the main menu located at the topmost part of the app window. Then, select ‘Amplify’ on the list.
- Adjust the ‘Amplification’ slider to select the amount of volume in decibels.
- Click ‘Preview’ to playback the portion you amplified. This way, you will know if you have achieved your desired volume.
- Click ‘OK’ if you are satisfied with the adjustments.
You can repeat the process to achieve your desired volume. You should note that Audacity will detect if volume adjustment for a sound clip is too loud. You will know this when the ‘OK’ button turns gray and becomes ‘unclickable’. Adjust your volume accordingly.
Try out these easy steps on how to make audio louder with Audacity. The advantage of this free desktop tool is that you can increase the volume of the whole track or just a portion of it. There are also free online tools that amplify entire tracks.
Remember to save your original audio files so you can always go back to it if the adjustments get tricky. Learn more about audio settings here!
High-value bookshelf speakers boast sound clarity and richer bass with crisper treble producing excellent audio quality.
Figuring out how to connect 6 speakers to a 2-channel amp is an achievable setup you can do. However, since the standard connection would be with four speakers only, you need to understand some of the restrictions and even power bearing so that your setup will work correctly.
It is pretty easy to figure out how to connect subwoofer to amplifier as long as you have the right cords available. If your unit has no internal amplifier yet, a set of RCA cables with red, white, and yellow jacks can connect it to an external amplifier.