There are many versions of the microphone. Some are big, and some are small. Some are corded, while others are cordless. With so many styles and features, we get too intimidated to try them. And in this article, we will teach you how to increase microphone volume to help you gain control of it. So if you are curious enough, read on.
Facts About the Microphone We Use
We know how eager you are to learn how to increase microphone volume, but let us first tackle the facts about the microphone we use. Some of these may surprise you. But this is what life is all about, full of surprises. So let’s start on our list.
- The concept of a microphone didn’t come just out of the blue. Long ago, announcements were mad verbal without the use of any instrument. The messenger will then have to read out loud what is written in the script, and the people will listen.
- With this, inventors began to think that our voice isn’t enough to deliver a message or speech to a huge audience. So they started to think of something that can amplify the voice. And there goes the invention of megaphones.
- If you have seen the old movies and other movies in our time that show two people talking on the other side using a cup with a wire attached. Well, in 1665, this was called the lover’s telephone by its inventor Robert Hooke.
- The concept of wire and transmission of sound gave other inventors inspiration to develop something out of it.
- The brainy man behind the word microphone was Charles Wheatstone in 1827.
- Emile Berliner invented the first proper microphone that uses a voice transmitter.
- Years had passed; the innovation continues. You can now see to yourself that it became an important tool in conversations, television, recording, films, events, radios, and even incorporated in gadgets and appliances.
- Different types were also invented and are now widely used in the field of communication.
So how to increase microphone volume? Learn how below.
Make Sure that it is Properly Installed
Sometimes we thought we just don’t know how to increase microphone volume, but the reality is you cannot find the mic because it is not installed in the first place. Try these steps below to help you get your mic to work.
What to do:
- Get your mic’s end, plug it into the USB port or microphone plug of the computer.
- Plug the microphone.
- Then turn it on and wait for it to be recognized.
- After being recognized by the computer,
- In your computer settings, go to the control panel.
- Link your microphone
- Click the name that will pop up.
- Click “next” to set it up.
Now that you are sure that it was installed properly. Here are the steps on how to increase microphone volume. Remember to follow each diligently if you want to do this successfully.
What to do:
- On your PC screen, click the windows button.
- Then click settings
- In the settings, find the word that shoes “system.”
- Next, click the word and icon that says “sound.”
- Then, click input
- Click the name of your device or microphone.
- A level will appear on the screen.
- If you move it to the left, it will lower the volume of your microphone. But if you move it to the right, the volume of your microphone will increase.
- Click “test your microphone.”
- Try to speak on your microphone.
- Turn on your speakers so you can hear yourself and adjust if you think it lacks or too much in volume.
- Then click okay to save the changes.
Sometimes, they cannot hear you because your mic is muted. Follow the same procedure. But this time, check if your microphone icon has a slash or an X mark on it. That means your mic is muted. Click it to unmute. Get more tips on microphones.
When we type M-I-C-R-O-P-H-O-N-E on the search bear, so many pictures of different styles and functions will appear on your screen. If you read each of them to study, your one day will not be enough. One of the first things that you should know aside from turning it on is how to increase microphone volume. And that you have learned how it would be easy for you to control the volume.