Music is good to our ears when it suits our taste and relatable. Imagine, while you are enjoying your cup of tea and listening to music, a loud hum starts to play in the background? This is not a sort of sorcery or a spooky encounter. It’s a ground problem. To help you eliminate this, we will teach you how to ground a turntable in this article.
The Perks of Owning a Turntable
We bet you’re excited to know how to ground a turntable and learn to connect the wires. But let me share with you first the perks that you are ready to enjoy if you have a turntable. Some of us may not appreciate this instrument, especially the youngsters, because they are focused on Bluetooth speakers and their MP3 players. But mind you, this is one of the instruments in music that was ever invented. Your grandparents can attest to that. During their time, they might be one of the many couples who play this in their living room and start swaying to the music.
- You can feel a strange feeling when you hear the sound coming from it because it sounds magical.
- Unlike other Bluetooth speakers that we use, this sounds better because it is like you’re listening to a live performance.
- This was a very popular instrument before, specifically during 1900 up to the 80s. But once again, it is regaining its popularity now.
- If you ask the people who had this in their home before the era of boom speakers, you might as well get a similar response. It is addicting to the ears!
- You will feel more relaxed and welcome when you hear the music coming from it.
- It can play hip hop, modern, and more.
- It doesn’t require digital conversion because it uses magnetic tape. So you can hear the full sound of the artist singing.
- It can level your current digital speaker in terms of top volume. Surprising right? Because you didn’t expect that it has that feature.
- Since it uses discs instead of digital file format, you can easily play the music. And when the disc is broken, it can turn into an instant canvass where you can paint and place it on your wall. This will also serve as a decoration just by itself.
- The discs or CDs and the turntable themselves can last longer than our current sound system. With proper care, the CD and turntable could work for more than 10 years. Imagine that! This surpasses the digital speakers in this category.
But how to ground a turntable? Here’s how below.
Time to Work!
This would be an interesting activity. Because with these procedures below, you will learn how to ground a turntable. So here’s how.
What to do:
- Turn the instrument off.
- Under the metal turntable chassis, look for the green wire.
- You can easily spot it in its appearance because it is colored.
- Loosen the grounding terminal
- Connect this terminal to your amplifier’s ground terminal.
- Turn them both on and try!
- And congratulations! You are ready to play or record music.
When your turntable plays good music and suddenly disrupts a ground loop, it is normal to feel irritated. The sound that it produces can wake any child who is sleeping by the time or startle anyone near it. But now that you already know how to ground a turntable, it would be easy for you to fix it when it occurs again! Just by following the procedure that we have provided, you can fix the ground loop hassle-free! Learn more about turntables here!