How To DJ Mix
When we're at a party or walking in a club, we can always hear the famous line "DJ hit the music." These lines made us understand that the DJ makes the atmosphere in the party fun and inviting. So if you are interested in being that DJ, this article is for you! Because we will teach you how to DJ mix!
Fun Facts About the DJ
It is important to know the basics of DJ mixing tips for beginners. But before we share how to DJ mix, you will be delighted with the fun facts that we have gathered. For some of us, it is automatic that the DJ is in-charge in the music. With their ability to mix different sound and turn it into new ones, we mostly find them relatable. In fact, we can find ourselves moving with the beat and thinking of dance steps that match the sound they make. But what more if you know more about it?
- Did you know that the man who coined the term Disc Jockey in 1935? Well, he has a reputation in the world of radio during that time. Then this word was adopted by many.
- By the year 1941, this word appeared in the printed magazine called Variety. When they call you a DJ, that means you a radio personality that can share sound records on the air. But the definition became clear after a few years. When they call you a DJ, it means you can taste the public in music and make a song popular to them.
- Now, if you are starting to think about where in the world the DJ is incorporated into dance parties, well, you should thank the radio DJ, Jimmy Savile. How? In 1943, he was the first on record to organize a dance party that played lively jazz records. It took place in the Loyal Order of Ancient Shepherds' function room, which you can find in Otley, England.
- The radio DJ isn't just the first to organize a dance party but also the first DJ in the world. So yes, technically, he is an icon.
- After a few years, sound combinations became complex. Different DJs started to introduce themselves, but Theodore Livingston or the famous Grand Wizard Theodore was the first to invent the scratching technique. With his talent, he became a well-known American hip-hop DJ.
But how to DJ mix? Learn how below.
Choose Your Audio Mixing Program
There are different online applications and software programs that you can download or pay to learn mixing the techniques. These programs will allow you to mix different songs with the control panels that they have provided. You have to master the controls, panels, and settings of the program so you can easily manipulate it. Since there are many of them, you have the power to choose which one suits you best. Example of these programs are:
- Virtual DJ
- MAGIX Music Maker
- PCDJ DEX 3
Learn the Sound Beat of Every Music
Another step to know how to DJ mix is learning how to combine music based on their sound beat. You need to group them by genre to know what type of music should you mix with the other. With this, you can maintain the harmony in the music that you are working to.
The next step is to alter the music that you have chosen. Listen to it and start mixing them by counting the beats where you should apply the song. Once you are done, play it. And if you aren't satisfied, revise some of the parts. That's how you DJ mix!
When we hear the word "DJ," we can think of good music, people dancing, flashy lights, and the fun vibe. This is why it is not surprising if there are a lot of people who have a growing passion for this. And now that we have shared with you how to DJ mix, you can feel like a professional DJ at a party or event. This time, you are in charge of good music! You can make people sing, dance, and have fun. So hit it, DJ! Learn more about mixing music here!
Do you know how to connect DJ controller to external mixer? If not, then you are looking at the right page.
Mixing tapes and amazing music while making the crowd jump with joy is one of the world’s best jobs.
The party can be so loud, and the people’s conversation can be too distracting if you’re the DJ. Don’t let this stop you from making good music