Music is heard when we use natural objects and equipment. And to produce it, just like the veins in our body, we must properly connect them to work together in harmony. So if one of the veins is blocked or disconnected, the blood won’t flow through. If you don’t know how to connect powered speakers to mixer, they will not fit their purpose. Similar to this is the speaker and mixer. Good thing we’ll teach this to you in this article! So keep reading if you want to achieve good results.
Powered Speakers vs. Mixers
It is easy to learn how to connect powered speakers to mixer. But are you aware of their huge difference and function? Since they are designed to work together, yes, it would be better if you know what they can do as a team or partner. Most of us only know the basics. So why not dig more so we can learn from them.
- Mixer – from its name, you have a hint of its purpose. Technically, it is designed to help you combine different audio signals. So if it was human, it could be an interpreter because it gives a harmonic combination to the signals. It looks like a board with consoles, tabs, Aux ports, and adjustment buttons. It plays a big role in sound production and recording because it also allows you to adjust the bass, mid-range, and treble to produce good sound.
- Powered Speaker – it is also known as a self-powered speaker or powered speaker. You can often see this in concerts, clubs, parties, and other events. It has built-in crossovers and subwoofers. So with this alone, you won’t be needing to pair it with an amplifier. Some people also use this as a computer speaker or even at home. Most of this can support wi-fi operation and comes with built-in EQ presets.
But how to connect powered speakers to mixer? Learn how below.
Sometimes we fail to do what we want to do because we get too nervous when we see different ports, plugs, and cables. They are so intimidating because you think that one wrong move can break either your speaker or mixer. Aside from that, there are different terminals, and you don’t know which should be connected to it. But with the instructions below that we have provided, you will know how to connect powered speakers to mixer. So be cool and stay focus if you want it to be successful.
What to do:
- First, you have to decide where to put your active speakers.
- Regarding the position, you have to consider the audience who will be listening. It shouldn’t be too near or too far from them.
- Make sure that the surface where you will put them should be stable and safe.
- Make sure that your hands aren’t wet to prevent electrocution.
- Connect the wires to the powered speaker.
- Get the other side of the wire and connect it to the mixer.
- Make sure that the volume of your active speaker is low before turning it on.
- Turn them both on, and congratulation! It’s ready to use!
Speakers and mixers are like the veins in our body because they are fit to work together. They have a relationship similar to a hero and his apprentice. Both can work alone but better when together. And now that you already know how to connect powered speakers to mixer, you don’t need to raise the white flag! Because you can do it yourself! Just follow the instructions that we have provided, and you are ready to redeem your success! Learn more about speakers here!