If you want to make good music that people will love, you have to know the equipment you are using and master how they work. Because if you don’t, you are most likely to be frustrated and cause damage to your equipment. So in this article, forget about the guesswork! Because we will teach you how to connect mixer to amplifier.
Tips in Buying Mixer
We know how excited you are to know how to connect mixer to amplifier. But let us first tackle the tips that you should bear in mind when buying a mixer. These two pieces of equipment are very useful, so you have to make sure that what you have at home is dependable any time you need it. So let’s start.
- From its name, “mixer” it should be able to mix audio signals, process them, and supply them to the device that you have chosen. But if yours make a delayed sound, that’s a red flag.
- It should have multiple channels so you can add instruments and microphones.
- It should be able to power the speakers connected to it.
- The channels of your mixer should be isolated, so there will be no interference.
- If you want a fast setup, save or recall your mixes, the digital mixer is the best for you.
- If you want to have an affordable mixer and feel more in-charge with the operation of the buttons, switches, knobs, and faders, the analog mixer is the best for you.
How to connect mixer to amplifier? Learn how below.
Prepare the Materials
In order for you to successfully learn how to connect mixer to amplifier, you should start with the basics, which is knowing the materials that you should prepare when you need to connect them together. Trust us. This process is just easy. It seems hard for you because you see different controls, buttons, dials, and sliders. But after reading this, you can make them work together.
What you need:
- Double quarter-inch cable
- Mixer (make sure that it has a port for the double quarter-inch cable at the back. Otherwise, it won’t work)
- Extension wire
Time to Work!
Now, this is the fun part because after doing this, you can try it! It doesn’t require much work. And we bet you will feel relaxed while doing this. So let’s start by doing the following.
What to do:
- Make sure that your amplifier and mixer aren’t plugged into your extension wire.
- Find a spot where you will be putting your mixer and amplifier.
- Next, turn your mixer facing the back.
- Attach the power plug
- Get the end of the double inch quarter cable and plug it in your mixer’s main mix output.
- Put it in the back in the surface
- Next, get your amplifier.
- Grab the other end of the double quarter cable, and plug it into the input of your amplifier.
- Make sure that your hands are dry and free from moisture before doing the next step.
- Plug your amplifier and mixer to the extension wire and turn them on
- Plug the XLR cable of your mic or instrument and congratulations! You made it!!
- Try it by activating the dial for the microphone and instrument.
- Adjust the volume to your liking
- Start making music!
What’s the point of having high-end music equipment if you don’t know how to operate them? After buying them, it is our sole responsibility to learn it. And for obvious reasons, we buy them because we need them like the amplifier and mixer. But now that we have shared with you how to connect mixer to amplifier, you don’t need to stress yourself from guessing which should go first and which should be matched because you can do it properly this time! Learn more about mixers and amplifiers here.