Professional sound quality is paramount when enjoying music, listening to podcasts, watching films, and who says these can only be experienced in studios, theater, and concert halls? These days, even the home can be, and ought to be, the center of entertainment with the help of a few devices and some cool features. If you have a JBL speaker, it may be best to grab another unit because, yes, you can use them both all at the same time to fill your home with great sound. Read on to learn how to connect JBL speakers together.
Steps on How to Connect JBL Speakers Together
The feature that allows JBL speakers to be linked to each other to enhance sound is the Connect capability that may not be found in some older models. Through the Connect button on the body of JBL speakers, these can be linked seamlessly via Bluetooth, aside from the main connection to the source device, like a laptop or phone. Only one device can serve as the external speakers of a laptop or phone in first-generation Bluetooth speakers.
Figuring out how to connect JBL speakers together is all about matching the right models with the same Connect features. Some share a ‘Connect’ function, while other models have a ‘Connect+’ function. Another set has the ‘Partyboost’ function. Make sure that your JBL speakers bear the same function.
The JBL speakers connected are models like the JBL Flip 3, JBL Charge 3, JBL Pulse 2, and JBL Clip 2, which all have the JBL Connect function. Aside from these models, there’s another batch of JBL Speakers that have the Connect+ function, and these can be linked with each other. These models are the JBL Flip 4, JBL Xtreme2, JBL Pulse 3, JBL Charge 4, and JBL Boombox. Just by how they are named, you can somehow tell how these JBL speaker models sound.
JBL also has another set of speakers with a function called Partyboost, and these can be compatibly connected: the JBL Flip 5 and the JBL Pulse 4. Read on to know the steps on how to connect JBL speakers together.
Follow these simple steps on how to connect JBL speakers together:
- Turn on all of your JBL speakers. By now, you should be sure that all these speaker models are compatible.
- Connect one JBL speaker unit to the source device, whether it is a laptop or a phone. Set the speaker unit into pairing mode.
- Now, refer to your source device – your laptop or phone – and turn on its Bluetooth. You should be seeing the name of your JBL speaker unit as one of the devices to connect with. Tap on the name of your JBL device to start pairing.
- Once paired, your JBL speaker unit should signal you with a voice announcement, a sound, or a blinking light notification to indicate that both your source device and speakers have been paired.
- Press the Connect button on your JBL speaker unit, the one connected to the laptop or phone.
- Now move to your other JBL speaker unit and press its Connect button.
- Play music, or any audio file on your connected laptop or phone through a typical music player or an app like Spotify, as you normally would. By now, you should hear your music blaring from both JBL speakers!
If you want to stop a speaker from playing, press the Connect button again. You are not limited to linking two JBL speakers. As long as all these speakers are compatible with their Connect function (or their Connect+ or Playboost functions, for that matter), you can link as many as 100 JBL speakers together. A helpful tip then when shopping for your JBL speakers is to see first that all these that you’re planning to buy can be linked. Ask the manufacturer or dealer so you can be sure before you make any purchase.
Other Speakers That Can Be Paired With Each Other
Aside from JBL, other manufacturers of Bluetooth speakers have also released models that can be paired. Some of these are:
This brand has a Double Up feature that connects two speakers to amplify sound. UE also has a UE app for this connection.
This speaker brand is also worth noting in terms of the ability to link speakers together.
Sony has features that allow you to connect up to 10 speakers. It has also even released a speaker line that does not just give surround sound but also has offered sound and light effects to get you in a party mood. Find out more about how to connect JBL speakers!
Still, JBL is arguably a standout in building great sound out of multiple speakers linked together. Knowing how to connect JBL speakers together is an exciting and unlimited experience. Imagine being able to recreate a party in the confines of your room. We can choose to be safer in our homes in times like this, but it does not have to be boring.