How To Connect External Speakers To TV Without Audio Output
Can you imagine the hassle of not being able to hear audio from your TV? Sadly, these things do happen. If you have external speakers just lying idly around the house, you're in luck. We'll teach you how to connect external speakers to tv without audio output so you can start binging on your favorite series.
Quick Guide: Connecting External Speakers To TV
Using external speakers as a fix is just one of several reasons for connecting them to your TV. To enjoy better audio experience, connecting those surround sound external speakers is the best way to create a cinematic experience in your home.
Here are some ways on how to connect external speakers to TV without audio output:
Before starting, make sure you have the manufacturer's guide of your TV ready. Not all television sets are the same; that's why your steps should be guided by the right instructions.
- RCA cables – This is one of the simplest, most common ways to connect your TV to a speaker system.
- check your wires. The pair of cables and connectors have two colors: red and white
- connect the red wire to the red port of your TV and the white wire to the white port of your TV
- Note: refer to both TV and speaker manuals for more information. These cables carry stereo sound but not surround sound
- 3.5mm analog cables – this is also known as a headphone out port.
- use the headphone out port to connect the TV to the speakers, which is similar to the connectors you see on phones or tablets.
- use a 3.5mm audio jack for the TV and RCA jack for the speaker
- Note: surround sound can't be achieved with this method
- HDMI cable for the TV and receiver or soundbar – this is a preferable method because of its surround sound capabilities.
- check if your TV has an HDMI output port, which is usually marked HDMI-ARC
- use the HDMI cable to connect the two devices
- Note: this method transmits surround sound without any loss to quality, unlike the two previous methods.
- Optical Cable – this is one of the least common methods that offer the same capabilities as the HDMI cable.
- check if your TV has an optical output
- connect the cable from the TV or the soundbar to transmit surround sound. Make sure both devices support optical cable connection
- Note: these cables are thinner and discrete, unlike RCA or HDMI.
The steps in knowing how to connect external speakers to tv without audio output can be done in several ways. It is crucial to understand the individual capabilities of your TV and your speakers first before attempting anything.
Sound is an essential part of the cinematic experience, which can be achieved in the comforts of your own home. Understanding how to connect external speakers to tv without audio output will equip you with the knowledge you need to entertain and be entertained.
You can take TV watching a notch higher by enhancing its audio and achieving surround sound in your entertainment room.
Experiencing music in concert halls, the theatre, and spaces designed for clear, crisp, and accurate sound is always memorable.