Most LG TVs require a high-definition audio system to produce high-quality sound. While all TVs come with built-in speakers, you may face issues with the LG TV audio port to speakers. Sine TVs come with weak volume settings. They have thin-sounding audio, which is all-important that you learn how to connect external speakers to LG TV. Utilizing external audio, such as a home theater receiver, you can modify the sound settings. This article will walk you through connecting an external speaker to your TV to help you get better audio of what’s coming from your LG TV’s audio.
How To Connect External Speaker To LG TV: Using RCA Connections
To get your working, go to your RCA cables and LG TV. The next step to get you loaded and started rocking, here are the easy steps on how to connect external speakers to LG TV:
- Pick your RCA connectors first and link them through your LG TV’s audio source.
- Next, you should hold the opposite pieces of those cords that fit the sound interfaces on the soundbar, home theater receiver, or powered speaker of your unit.
- Bring up the soundbar or receiver once it is powered on.
- You can set up the audio controls on the TV. For the specific audio kit that you are using, you can also use the installation guide.
- On your audio system, pick the input so that you perceive the audio from the TV.
Here is one more word of advice: certain RCA outputs rely on 2-channel audio that passes from the television to your external device for output. So if you use analog access features with a soundbar, it requires improvements, such as surround sound or high-quality audio.
Also, I suggest you look for extra audio levels when you attach RCA wires to a home theater device or a receiver. You can see Dolby Prologic II or IIx or DTS Neo:6. What they do is allow the audio system signals coming from the stereo source to be extracted.
Also, pay attention that most new LG Smart TVs do not have RCA attachments available.
How To Connect External Speaker To LG TV: Using Optical Connections
Attach the digital optical connectors to the digital output of your device to do this.
On your transmitter, home theater machine, or soundbar, tag the opposite side of the cords to match optical input.
Consider the stereo amplifier and TV setup steps after you have attached the cables.
Select the digital optical signal as the origin to capture the output sound.
If no sounds are coming from the speaker, you can go to the audio output settings and look for the PCM modes. For audio systems that don’t come with a decoding feature, fine-tuning the PCM settings can resolve the issue.
What Are Your Options To Connect LG TV
LG TVs don’t come with analog RCA audio ports. But they feature two audio outputs that you can use to bind to your speakers, soundbar, amplifiers, or receiver. LG TVs also come with a headphone output to link to stereo RCA channels using an RCA adapter wire.
You may consider placing your speakers and connect them to your LG TV, but more often, it ain’t that easy. Fortunately, there are several ways how to connect external speakers to LG TV, so you can have other options.
Your alternatives are:
- Connect a 1/8-inch headphone plug to stereo RCA sockets. 5-feet in length should be enough to link both the devices.
- You may use a 6ft long fiber-optic cable. Option number one is for the analog device, while this one is for the digital connection.
You may say, what’s the difference? It is possible to insert any of these analog or digital connectors into your home theater system. It varies on the inputs that your device requires. Since you may have Dolby Digital 5.1 surrounds from any movies that include it, I suggest using digital is the primary option.
How To Connect Wireless External Speakers To An LG TV
If you have a Bluetooth-enabled soundbar or audio device that LG sound sync supports, you can connect it to your LG TV straight. You can follow these easy steps on how to connect external speakers to LG TV.
- Choose Device Options or Show More Devices to choose which components work and those that your networks are faithfully pending.
- With the television remote, change the volume of your system.
- You can take a look at the system you’re hooking up to make sure it’s activated if this device fails.
There are a couple of other kinks you may still need to work out. Your TV will communicate to any previously attached soundbar automatically. It will also attempt to pair to the last computer to which it is attached at startup. If your TV detects two or more devices, it will pair to the first device discovered. This is where Display More Devices fits in, as you can link and get anything going on the screen you want.
To access this feature, you need to attach a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapter to some LG Smart TVs.
Now, you wouldn’t have to suffer for the weak sound that your LG TV’s integrated speakers make. You can improve your audio quality to streaming material and TV channels by learning how to connect external speakers to LG TV. You also need to double-check the kind of output device you will integrate into your TV. Remember that not all modern TVs support analog audio outputs these days. Learn more on how to connect external speakers to the TV here!