Great movie experience and indoor concerts are unforgettable not just because of the scenes but also with the music used: the louder the music, the stronger the connection that we feel and the greater the experience. So if you are planning to organize an indoor performance, you might as well read this article till the end because we will teach you how to connect ceiling speakers to amplifiers!
How to Get the Right Ceiling Speakers
It is essential to have an amplifier for ceiling speakers for you to enjoy watching movies in your home theater. But this would be possible if the ceiling speakers that you have are faulty. To help you prevent wasting money on bad speakers, we made a list below of the qualities you need to look for in a ceiling speaker.
- Remember that you chose to put ceiling speakers because you wanted to hear the surround sound. But if what is being offered to you sounds like a tin can, it would be a waste.
- It should help you save space. So meaning to say, it should be bulky or space-consuming. It should blend well with your ceiling.
- You have to base the size of your ceiling on the speakers that you should be putting. If you have a large room, make sure that you have enough speakers in every corner. And they shouldn’t be too small. Four to six speakers will do if you want to have the best sound experience.
- You should also consider the place where you are planning to put speakers. You can make a plan map so you can get a better picture of the plan. Why? Because you will be drilling and making holes. So if you change your mind, you cannot undo the holes that you made.
- If you want to have unique-looking speakers for your ceiling, you can have it customized. There are shops online offering custom-made ceiling speakers. A quick ocular in your house can help you determine what style you want to have on your ceiling.
- Choose a ceiling speaker that has a high frequency and can be directed in a different direction.
- If you are placing a speaker in your kitchen or bathroom, make sure that it can resist moisture or are waterproof.
- For a greater music and sound experience, choose speakers that are self -enclosed.
Do you know how to connect ceiling speakers to amplifier? If not, keep on reading to find out.
Make a Plan Map
The first step on how to connect ceiling speakers to amplifier is by making a plan map. This will help you determine where the ceiling speakers are located in your house. With this, you can easily decide where you should place the amplifier and how much wire you should be needing. You can do this by measuring the distance of the speakers to each other and the amplifier.
Here’s what you should do on how to connect ceiling speakers to amplifier successfully.
What to do:
- Drill a hole for the wires.
- Turn off your breaker and make sure that the amplifier is unplugged.
- Insert the wires
- Start connecting the wires to the terminals of the ceiling speakers. Do this properly by attaching the positive wire to the positive terminal and vice versa.
- Get the other side of the wires and connect it to the terminals of your amplifier.
- Turn on your breaker and try it.
To level up your entertainment experience, you need to maximize the volume in your room. You sure don’t want to lip read when watching movies or having your mini-concert at home. And now that we have taught you how to connect ceiling speakers to amplifier, you can enjoy your movie night with your family! Read to know how to connect speakers to amplifiers. Learn more about ceiling speakers here.