How To Change Mic Input To Audio Output: Quick Guide
You can't avoid issues when using a microphone on your laptop or computer. But we're here to make your life easier. We'll go through some tried and tested troubleshooting tips on how to change mic input to audio output.
Steps For Changing Mic Input To Audio Output
Because of the full range of technology available, pinning down specific troubleshooting steps is impossible. The process changes depending on the device and the software used. That's why we will learn how to change mic input to audio output on two common operating systems.
Pro Tip: Always check with your manufacturer for specific instructions for your device, and have the manual ready for reference.
Changing Mic Input To Audio Output In Windows 10
- Look for the speaker icon on the system tray of your screen (this is located on the lower right side of your screen).
- When the menu window opens, select the 'sounds' option.
- Selecting this option will give you four different tabs - Select the 'playback' tab.
- Select the device for your output audio.
- Right-click the device and select the 'default device option' to ensure it is the default speaker or output device.
- Select the 'reporting' tab, which is next to your 'playback' tab.
- Right-click the device and select the 'default option' to ensure that the mic you wish to use is the default mic.
- After making it the default device, click on the mic and go to the lower right to select 'properties.'
- When a separate window opens, you will see four tabs for your microphone properties.
- Click on the 'listen' tab and select 'listen to this device.'
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK.'
The result: Any sound that will come in through your mic will go out through your default speakers.
Changing Mic Input To Audio Output On Mac
Check out the steps below:
- Click on the apple icon and look for system preferences.
- When the system preferences window opens, go to the hardware section, and select the 'sound' icon.
- A window will open with three tabs: select the 'input' tab (this tab will show you preferences for sound input).
- Select the device you want for sound input.
- Use the sliders below to adjust the volume of both input and output.
- Do some final checks by ensuring that you uncheck the 'mute' box.
- Make sure you tick the checkbox 'show volume in menu bar' so you can adjust the volume from your screen.
There are many ways to make the most of the input and output options in our laptops and computers. Knowing how to change mic input to audio output will allow us to enjoy more recording activities on our devices.