In these rules and regulations, the following terms, to the extent not inconsistent with the context thereof, shall have the meanings assigned to them herein below:
"The Contest" shall mean the contest titled "Sonu Nigam Reverse SMS Contest" (hereinafter called 'Contest'); to be conducted through TechZone's Short-Code service '56060' (hereinafter called '56060') from the 30th July, 2012 to 31st July, 2012 (both days inclusive). During the course of the Contest, the Contestants are required to SMS their answers related Contest on 56060. Since this is a reverse SMS contest, the contestants will receive a reverse sms inviting them to participate in the Sonu Nigam Contest by SMSing HBS to 56060 after which they will receive a series of 3 questions with 3 options and the participants will have to send their answers in the following format HBS a/b/c to 56060.
"The Company" shall mean Music Broadcast Private Limited, the organiser of the Contest, which owns PRC, having its registered office at 5th Floor, RNA Corporate Park, Off Western Express Highway, Kalanagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai - 400 051.
"The Contestant" shall mean any person, who being eligible to participate in the Contest, participates in the Contest by participating in the contest in accordance with the rules and regulations contained herein or amended and/or altered from time to time.
"Winner" shall mean any Contestant who has answered the questions correctly and have been selected by MBPL. There will be 3 winners on each day. Contest open to participants from Mumbai, Delhi, Lucknow & Pune only.
"Prize" shall mean free giveaways to the selected winners of the Contest. The winners of the contests will be contacted by telephone on the 2nd Aug, 2012.
"Rules and Regulations" shall mean those contained herein and amended and/or altered from time to time.
"Entry to the Contest''- shall mean the Contestants smsing their answers to 56060 and adhering to the terms hereof, while the Contest is being held. When the participant sends a Sms containing HBS to 56060, he will receive a set of 3 questions if he/she answers correctly. There will be 6 winners in total (both days inclusive) and will be contacted on the 3rd of August 2012 before 5:00 pm.
PART B - ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
a) Entry to the Contest will be only through the Contestants smsing their answers to 56060 and adhering to the terms hereof, while the Contest is being held.
b) The Contestants indemnify and keep MBPL indemnified against all costs, charges, expenses, losses, claims etc. that may have to be incurred and/or suffered arising on account of any representations and/or declaration proven false or incorrect or breaches committed of the terms hereof.
c) MBPL will select the winners from the Contestants, who have answered the Question correctly. MBPL will select the winners. MBPL's decision shall be final and binding.
d) The Company shall not be held responsible for any server failure or website not properly running.
e) The contest is open to listeners in Mumbai, Delhi, Lucknow & Pune only.
PART C - GENERAL RULES
1. Employees of the Company and any of its subsidiaries/affiliates, all sub-contractors and agents and any sponsors and members of their immediate family, persons with criminal convictions, minor persons and persons other than Indian nationals or Indian nationals living out of India are ineligible to enter the Contest. Failure on the part of the winning contestant, to provide proof or affidavit of eligibility to participate in the Contest to the Company, may result in disqualification and/or the withholding or withdrawal of the prize by the Company.
2. The contestant participating in the contest deemed to have knowledge of the terms and conditions hereof.
3. Persons must enter the Contest on their own behalf, entry by proxy is not allowed.
4. The Contestants should be above 18 years of age to qualify for the Contest. Proof of age is a must for the participant and must be submitted to the MBPL (i.e., Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving Certificate/ School certificate/ passport/ an affidavit signed by a magistrate) as and when required by the MBPL.
5. The Company may in its sole discretion exclude a Contestant from participation in the Contest or receiving prize, including without limitation for the following reasons:- (i) circumstances which, in the Company's view, renders the Contestant unfit to participate therein; (ii) inability to produce documentation specified by the Company proving the identity of the contestant.
6. The Company may refuse to award - or reclaim any prize awarded to any Winner in the event of winner's fraudulent acts, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Contest under the rules and regulations contained herein or amended and/or altered from time to time.
7. The Company reserves its right to amend and/or alter these rules and regulations or terminate the Contest at any time, without assigning any reason. Notice of such amendment/alteration/termination will be published and shall be applicable to all concern from the date of its publication.
8. All the Contestants abide by the rules and regulations contained herein or amended and/or altered from time to time.
9. If the operation of the Contest (including without limitation the operation of the website) is prevented by an event of force majeure, the Company may cancel all or any part of the Contest and shall not be liable to anyone for the same.
10. The Company reserves its right to disqualify the Contestant at any point in time, if the Contestant is found suffering from medical problems, unstable mental condition or any such reasons at the discretion of the Company, upon arrival of the winning Contestant to collect the prize.
11. All winnings from contests are subject to tax deduction at source under section 194B of Income Tax Act, 1961. The Company will handover prize to the contestant upon obtaining sufficient proof of deduction of requisite tax, if required at source as per law from the winning Contestant.
12. The Company with regard to the Contest will not entertain any correspondence of whatsoever nature, either from the Contestant or Winner, addressed at Mumbai office of MBPL or elsewhere.
13. The Company reserves its right to make amendments to the existing rules and regulations without prior notice, which shall be binding on the Contestant / Winner, as the case may be.
14. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations contained herein and/or amended or altered from time to time, by any Contestant and/or the winner, the Company shall be entitled to disqualify them from participation or receiving prize as the case may be.
15. While participating in this Contest, the Contestants agree and acknowledge having read and understood all the rules and regulations of this Contest.
16. The participants may receive promotional information through SMS or phone calls on the contact details provided by them, while participating in the contest.
17. The Courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any and all disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
18.The participants should be citizens of India, residing in India and above 18 years of age to qualify for the Contest.
19.The participants should not have criminal conviction.
20.The Participant(s) of the Contest agrees that he/she shall hold harmless the Channel, MBPL, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Contest and waives all rights to file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Channel and/or MBPL to claim any damages or reliefs.